In today's third episode in our burnout-prevention mini-series, I want to talk about why positive thinking can make stress worse, and what you could be doing instead!
This one is for you if you have an inner critic that has been highly resistant to becoming a genuine cheerleader, or you ever find yourself swamped in that negative self-talk that drags you down, that increases your stress levels, that makes you feel overwhelmed, and it holds you back from becoming the leader you were born to be, and making an even bigger difference in the world.
What You'll Cover Today On Why Positive Thinking Can Make Stress Worse:
- Why positive affirmations and positive thinking can make things worse
- Why it's not your fault! Hint: it's down to body-chemistry and demystified neuroscience
- The stress cycle - and how this is at the root of all this
- How this triggers burnout, without us even realising - and the role of the two types of fear
- How flip-flops trigger the backfire effect to trigger internal conflict
- My super-easy sixty-second strategy for burnout prevention
Get On Clare's Soul Led Leaders VIP List
Catch each episode plus get member-only bonus strategies and treats:
Essential Resources To Help On Why Positive Thinking Can Make Stress Worse:
Take Action Now!
If you do one thing as a result of this episode, make it this! What one action could you take today to address the two types of fear?
For My Organisation
Do we ever try to 'plaster' positivity over the top of people's worries? How might that impact them?
What could I do in the next 24 hours to start learning how to choose which thoughts to feed and cut my stress levels?
Tweetables About Why Positive Thinking Can Make Stress Worse
Loved This? Want More?
Practical Inspiration For Soul Led Leaders
Catch each episode and get my weekly Soul Led Leaders email, with extra strategies, bonus resources, and accountability for your Soul Led Leadership journey.
Spam stinks. Your contact details will only be used to send you the Soul Led Leaders newsletter and related events.
And you can catch past episodes here: