Welcome to Day 7 – the end of the first week of The Miracle Of Gratitude!
- How have you been getting on?
- Have you managed to do much gratitude practice yet?
- How have you reminded yourself to do it?
And if it has slipped, what got in the way? What could you tweak about your routine, to help you remember to spend those precious few minutes focusing on feeling grateful, each day?
Want to share your experiences or find out how others are finding the time? Here’s a link to a special discussion are on finding the time for your gratitude practice:
How are you finding the time for gratitude?
One of the things I’ll be encouraging you to do each week, as we move through the gratitude practices, is to spend a little time reflecting on your experiences.
“It is often only by pausing and looking back that we see the clear path to the future.”
It’s worth spending a few minutes today reviewing your experiences so far this week. In particular, you might like to take a look at:
- Why you are joining in with The Miracle Of Gratitude – has it changed at all, as you have gone through the first week?
- How would you like your experience of gratitude to shift over the coming year? Have you had a chance to get any more insight on this one, over the week?
- And what do you find it easy to feel grateful for? What has worked best for you this week? Want some inspiration? How about checking out what others are saying?
- Do you have any favourite gratitude quotes? Here’s where you can share them at the forum: Favourite Gratitude Quotes.
And if you ever come across quotes or inspirational images that you’d like to share on our Facebook page, here’s a reminder of where to find it: The Miracle Of Gratitude on Facebook.
By reviewing your gratitude projects, each week, and especially by looking at what was easy and what you resisted, you’ll uncover the secret keys to your gratitude success over the coming year.
Do you have anything you’d like to share in the week one discussions?
Have you had a chance to spend a few minutes doing your gratitude practice yet today? How about doing it (again?!) now?
And tomorrow we’ll be moving on to the Week Two Gratitude Project, which is one of my favourites!
Reminder of your Week One Project & Useful Links
Week One Gratitude Project[audio:http://]
- Take a deep breath and breathe out with a sighing ‘ahhh’ sound.
This helps you to let go of tension. Repeat 3 times, if you need to, to help you relax.
- Smile a gentle smile – a ‘half-smile’.
‘Half-smiling’ helps you to let go of any stresses, to rebalance your body’s sympathetic nervous system (‘fight or flight’ / adrenalin) with your parasympathetic nervous system (relaxation) and it gently starts the releasing of endorphins – your body’s natural ‘feel good’ hormones.
- Think of 3 things you feel grateful for.
It doesn’t have to be ‘big’ or ‘serious’ – whatever comes to mind. Think of one at a time, pausing on each one for at least 20 seconds, allowing yourself to fully experience a sense of gratitude – an inner ‘thank you’ – for whatever it is.
If you’re stuck for inspiration, how about starting with the fact that you’re alive, you’re breathing and you’re able to somehow read this message?
- Thank yourself.
Thank yourself for taking the time to practice gratitude today. And make a date with yourself to do it again tomorrow.
- Release the practice.
Let go of the practice. There’s no need to analyse, critique, judge or tell yourself stories. It will most likely feel different each day. And that’s ok. What matters is consistency – doing it as many days as you can remember (hopefully these emails / the forum / the Facebook page will help with that!).
Here’s the members-only community (private) and even the Facebook Page (public), where you can ask questions, share your experiences and support others who are joining in with the Miracle Of Gratitude.