You don’t have to find time to practise gratitude…
… Every step brings you a chance to play.
[DAP isLoggedIn=”N” errMsgTemplate=””]Login | Not a member yet? Join The 7 Day Gratitude Kick Start today![/DAP][DAP isLoggedIn=”Y” hasNoAccessTo=”38″ errMsgTemplate=””]Want to join in with the 7 Day Gratitude Kick Start? Upgrade today![/DAP]
[DAP hasAccessTo=”38″ errMsgTemplate=””]
Welcome to Day 7 of your 7 Day Gratitude Kick Start programme!
How did you get on with yesterday’s technique – magically creating more time? Any insights? Any questions? I’d love to hear from you, over at your members-only forum: How to magically create more time!
Today I’m sharing a beautiful technique that can help you to turn each and every step you take into an experience of gratitude.
This technique is one of my favourite mindfulness techniques, which can easily be transformed into a super-portable do-it-while-you’re-busy gratitude technique: mindful walking.
Walking mindfully is a massive topic, and can be done in many ways, so today I’m going to share with you the core of the technique, for you to experiment with adding a new flavour to your gratitude practices.
We say we don’t have enough time to practise gratitude, but what if we could play with it, each time we walk? Would we have time then?
How To Turn Walking Into A Life-Changing Gratitude Experience:
Walking With Gratitude
START: This walking can be done anywhere – outside in nature or even walking up the stairs or around your kitchen. Choose somewhere that you can be on your own, for the first few times.
- Take a ‘snapshot’ of how you are feeling – physically, emotionally, mind-wise. We’ll come back to this.
- Start walking. Slow your speed down by at least 10%. This makes it easier to concentrate.
- Focus all of your awareness on your feet. Become fully aware of the physical sensations of your feet on the floor, as they connect with the Earth.
[Doing this barefoot on grass or sand is a special treat – though not essential!]
- If your attention wanders, gently guide it back to the physical feeling of your feet on the earth.
- When you’re in the rhythm of it, choose to spend 30 seconds or a minute, becoming aware of the physical sensations in your body. Say a silent ‘thank you’ to your body.
- Notice your balance – just feel those amazing muscles, tendons, ligaments, bones, joints and nerves doing such an incredible job of keeping you safe and upright. Say a silent ‘thank you’ to your body.
- Notice your arms moving – you don’t have to change anything; just become fully aware of the physical movement. Say a silent ‘thank you’ to your body.
- Notice your posture. Feel the physical sensations, if you tweak the way you are holding your body. Say a silent ‘thank you’ to your body.
- Really feel the soles of your feet with each step, as they take your weight as you walk. Say a silent ‘thank you’ to your body.
- Then, when you’re ready, return to simply being aware of each step, connecting with the Earth. Say a silent ‘thank you’ to the Earth.
END: when you feel ready, release your practice and take that snapshot again. How are you feeling – physically, emotionally, mind-wise? Compare that to the snapshot from the beginning. With practice, you’ll notice that mindful walking makes a tangible difference.
I feel grateful for the Earth beneath my feet.
Here’s where to share how you got on with this technique, over at the forum: Walking with gratitude. I’d love to hear from you!
How To Keep Your Gratitude Habit Going?
I really hope you have enjoyed the past 7 days – and found them useful. As I promised you yesterday, I’m sharing some ideas to help you keep your Gratitude Habit going, beyond this Kick Start programme. But before we dive into that, here are some questions you could ask yourself, to help you get clear on where you want to be going:
Keeping Your Gratitude Habit Going – What’s Next?
How have the last 7 days helped you? And do you want to take your experience of gratitude to the next level?
Want to make the most of the past 7 days? Then how about answering these questions, to really ‘get’ how you have benefited and to get clarity over where you want to go next?
- Knowing what you now know, and having experienced the Gratitude Kick Start over the past 7 days, which shifts have you noticed in your life?
- Given the impact that 7 days have had, how do you want to shift your life, over the coming 12 months?
What is your vision for the ‘future you’?
- How will life feel, when you get there?
- What steps will you take, each day, to move you there?
- How are you going to make sure you continue to weave gratitude into your daily life (if that’s what you want!)?
- How will you keep yourself motivated?
- What support might you need?
- How could you spread the word about gratitude to a wider audience, sharing the gifts you have experienced?
Why bother waiting for that feeling? How about diving into it, right now, and making those shifts in this moment? 🙂
Perhaps I could tempt you to share some of your answers to these questions here: How to keep your gratitude habit going
If you’d like to take your journey further, here are some ideas
There’s no pressure to join in with any of these – they are simply here to let you know what’s there – waiting for you – to help you take your experience of gratitude to the next level.
- Start a gratitude journal
If you were to start a gratitude journal – writing down things you feel grateful for every day – then within a few weeks, you’ll find your experience of life has shifted.
There are many different types of journal and diary out there.
But if the past 7 days have resonated for you, then you might find that Gratitude: A Daily Journal is something you’ll really enjoy.
- Let’s connect on Facebook & Twitter!
Join me at our Miracle Of Gratitude page and connect with others who have love discovering gratitude and how it can shift your experience of life.
www.Facebook.com/MiracleOfGratitude and www.Twitter.com/clare_josa
- Join the Miracle Of Gratitude – Inner Circle
This group mentoring programme helps you take gratitude to the next level, creating life-changing shifts and fast-tracking your way towards the life you have been dreaming of. I personally share the insider secrets I have used and mentor the group members, via our forum and live calls.
If your heart is calling you to join in, here’s where to apply: www.MiracleOfGratitude.com
- Join one of my workshops – or take an online course.
I have created a range of online courses that you might enjoy – covering most aspects of how to change your life using NLP, meditation, mindfulness, energy work, a sense of humour and common sense!. You can find details of all of these here: www.ClareJosa.com/online-courses
And you can find out about my face-to-face workshops & classes here: www.ClareJosa.com/workshops
Before I sign off, I’d like to say a huge thank you to you for sharing your journey with me. No matter how often you have practised these techniques, you will have taken you a step closer towards the life you want. None of it is wasted. It all makes a difference.
I hope you have really enjoyed your Gratitude Kick Start!
I’d love to hear how you got on, either by replying to this email or by writing me a message, over at your members-only forum: How has Gratitude Kick Start helped you? or over at our Facebook Page: Miracle Of Gratitude.
Thank you for sharing this journey with me – and I hope our paths cross again soon!
Wishing you inner peace and happiness on your journey.
With love, Namaste,