We have a strong ethical policy, here at Beyond Alchemy Ltd, which runs through the core of everything we do.
To give you an idea of what’s important to us, here are some of the actions we take.
We make every effort to minimise the environmental impact of our business. And that’s not just rhetoric – it’s been a core philosophy since we started our business, back in 2003.
- Our office is powered by green electricity (we chose our provider carefully).
- Our website is hosted by 100% solar energy. (Thanks Dan! Solar Web Hosting)
- We recycle everything we can and choose environmentally friendly products for our stationary – and more! We even have a wormery and compost bin for coffee grounds, tea bags and other leftovers.
- We use low energy lightbulbs and take other proactive measures to reduce our energy consumption.
- We buy organic coffee to keep the team going and make our own, home-grown herbal teas!
- Clare has been an author for the website Green Girls Global since its launch.
Giving Back – Supporting Charities
10% of our income (ex VAT, which goes straight to the government!) is shared between our two nominated charities. That’s 10% of our total income, before we allow for any expenses.
For the next two years, our nominated charities are:
We’ll be writing more about them in the next few weeks.
A further 10% of income is put into our Beyond Alchemy scholarship fund.
This is then used to subsidise the course or one-to-one fees for anyone who genuinely can’t afford the full fees.
An individual can apply for a scholarship subsidy via the contact form, below. Decisions are made on a case-by-case basis.
Want To Know More About Our Ethical Policies?
Please use the contact form, below, to get in touch. We’d be happy to answer your questions.