My lovely friend, Yamuna Loyal, is a firm advocate of laughter.
As a sound therapist, she knows the benefits it can bring. She has even developed a fab process of clearing out energy blocks in the body, through laughter.
She, like many others, are telling us that laughter can indeed be the best medicine.
The thing is that we often take life FAR too seriously.
We get lost in the sea of “to do” lists, hurrying from one appointment to the next, fretting about things that may never even happen.
I recently read some research that claimed an infant will laugh up to 200 times per day. By the time we’re adults, we’re lucky to manage 10.
What’s going on?
Isn’t it time to lighten up?!
The problem with being constantly stressed and worrying is that:
- It’s bad for our health
- It reduces our ability to think clearly
- It makes us less efficient
- It takes the joy and spark out of life
- It leads to more worry and stress
The funny thing about laughing is that:
- It’s contagious – once one person starts, it spreads around a room
- It transforms everyone it touches. You CANNOT laugh and feel miserable at the same time
- It releases endorphins, (or little dolphins, as my friend’s son used to say!) into your bloodstream, giving you a very natural high
- The endorphins reduce your stress levels and have been scientifically shown to reduce the symptoms of illness
- Laughter shifts your thoughts to a more positive vibe, so your day improves, exponentially
And the great thing is that we could choose to spend our day laughing our way through our tasks, just as easily as grumping!
So, to inspire you and give you a helping hand towards laughing-out-loud-till-you-cry-type-belly-laughs, here are 3 videos I’ve found that contain infectious laughter.
Hopefully you’ll find, as you watch them, that you can’t help but join in.
Laughter really is an amazing healer!
How about starting your own laughter collection? Videos? YouTube? Funny books? Anything that makes you laugh out loud! Got some good resource ideas? Please share them via the comments box!
We’re going to be collecting a YouTube playlist of our favourite laughter videos, so make sure you have subscribed to our Beyond Alchemy YouTube channel, to catch them all!
Wishing you a day full of sunshine and laughter,
It doesn’t matter if you don’t speak German, this weather presenter’s laughter is contagious!
This baby’s laugh is wonderful. Guaranteed to bring a ray of sunshine to your day!
And for something different, how about laughing yoga?!!
Please do share your favourite laughter tips via the comments box!