I have lost count of how many times I have used my kids as my excuse not to meditate.
We all know the benefits of regular meditation and mindfulness practice – how it can help us to feel calmer, less stressed, more at peace, less emotionally volatile, happier, healthier and more.
But most of us are caught in the trap of believing that we don’t have enough time to meditate.
We’re too busy.
Add parenting into the mix and we have a built-in excuse.
Want A Magic wand to figure out your meditation excuses?
There’s a simple question you can ask yourself to help you discover your personal favourites – and then how to deal with them.
Read on, to find out more.
Chances are, if you have kids at home, they’ll figure in at least a few of your excuses. Fitting meditation in around being a parent is a challenge that few yogis in caves will ever face…
But do you really want to wait until your little (or big) ones have flown the nest, before you start to put your needs somewhere near the top of the list?
It makes sense that meditating and practising mindfulness can make you a ‘better’ parent – and it can have a massively positive impact for your kids.
So how do you get round the whole I-can’t-meditate-cos-I’m-too-busy-with-the-kids thing?
I’d like to share some practical solutions and inspirational mindset shifts with you, to help you easily weave meditation, mindfulness and relaxation into your daily life, to enjoy their massive benefits, no matter how busy you are.
I know it might sound impossible, but if I can do it, so can you!
On Monday September 2nd, to celebrate / lament the kids going back to school after the summer holidays, I’m starting a 21 day online course, to help you to:
- Wave that magic wand I promised you, to help you figure out (and deal with!) your meditation excuses.
- De-bunk the meditation myths that have been stopping you from diving in and doing it!
- Figure out how to magically create the time you need to meditate.
- Learn tried-and-tested ways to practise meditation and mindfulness, even when the kids are tugging at your jumper sleeve.
- Experience ‘quick fix’ meditation and mindfulness techniques, that can help you calm down when things are most manic.
- Get support from your family for your meditation time – and know the magic key to getting their buy-in.
- Discover the secret of being able to juggle your personal need to meditate, with your family’s needs for your time and input.
- Recognise your personal meditation sabboteurs, and figure out how to work around them, so they’re no longer an issue.
- Develop simple strategies that really work, for you and your family and your lifestyle.
- Make a personal commitment to weaving meditation, mindfulness and relaxation into your daily life, creating lasting change and putting a smile on your face.
If this resonates for you and you would like to be part of this online course (complete with private online community for you to share your experiences, get answers to your questions and connect with other parents who want to meditate), then register below.
What’s the investment?
You’ll get a new message every 3 days, which will take you 10 to 15 minutes to read and work through.
Apart from that, if you apply the techniques, it will take you between 1 and 10 minutes a day.
That’s not much to ask, is it?
There is no charge for this course. It is offered with love. If it helps you, you will have the chance to make a donation at the end. It is entirely optional. There is no expectation and no judgement.
So grab your place today – and maybe even invite some of your friends?
I want to join in with Meditation For Parents
I’m very excited about sharing this journey with you!
P.S. Although this course is aimed at parents, you don’t have to have kids to join in. If you’re finding life is too hectic and you’re full of reasons why you don’t have time to meditate, by all means sign up and join in! It’s there to help you.