Practising gratitude with everyday objects…
… Is like a magic wand for a happier life.
[DAP isLoggedIn=”N” errMsgTemplate=””]Login | Not a member yet? Join The 7 Day Gratitude Kick Start today![/DAP][DAP isLoggedIn=”Y” hasNoAccessTo=”38″ errMsgTemplate=””]Want to join in with the 7 Day Gratitude Kick Start? Upgrade today![/DAP]
[DAP hasAccessTo=”38″ errMsgTemplate=””]
Welcome to Day 4 of your 7 Day Gratitude Kick Start programme!
How did you get on with yesterday’s technique – dealing with your ‘body stories’? Any insights? Any questions? I’d love to hear from you, over at your members-only forum: What Are Your ‘Body Stories’?
Today I’d like to share with you a technique which is a truly potent way of bringing gratitude into your daily life, rather than saving it for the ‘big stuff’. It opens your heart to a different way of seeing the world.
If you wait until the ‘big stuff’ comes along, before you say ‘thank you’, then you’ll be missing thousands of chances to enjoy gratitude, every day.
The more often we practise gratitude – on the little things in life – the more potently it can work for us.
No matter what life throws at you, you can always choose to find a chink of gratitude, somewhere. And that will help you turn things around. The more you practise, the easier it is.
If we wait until the lottery win, the dream job, the ideal partner, the big new car, before we say thank you, then we’re leaving a lot of time for our old habits of grumbling and complaining. It’s really easy to feel grateful for the ‘big things’ in life.
When you practise feeling gratitude for the every-day objects you would normally take for granted, your experience of life will transform.
The Miracle Of Gratitude comes when you practise saying ‘thank you’ for the little things – the seemingly insignificant things that we would usually overlook. When we cultivate a habit of feeling heart-felt gratitude for these, then it really won’t take long, before it changes your life.
Today I’d like to share with you a technique for feeling gratitude for an every-day object:
Saying ‘Thank You’ For An Every-Day Object[audio:http://]
- Pick an every-day object – perhaps something you use several times a day, maybe a pen, your keys, your watch – whatever you see in front of you.
- Hold the object in your hand and really ‘see it’ – I mean be ‘present’ with it, rather than half-looking at it, while talking to yourself about something else…
- Become aware of its shape, its form, its colour, its texture, any sounds it makes, the way it feels in your hand. Allow yourself to notice the details that you perhaps haven’t seen before.
- Now gently allow your heart to soften as you say ‘thank you’ to this object. Thank it for the role it plays in your life. You don’t have to ‘tell a story’ or get into details; simply the words ‘thank you’, said from the heart, are what are needed.
- Continue until you feel the exercise is complete and release the practice, with a gentle smile on your face.
How did that feel?
Can you imagine how life might shift if you did this for a few seconds with random objects throughout your day?
How about giving it a go?
I choose to feel grateful for the things that help me through my day.
“Acknowledging the good that you already have in your life is the foundation for all abundance.” ~ Eckhart Tolle
I hope you enjoy today’s gratitude technique!
Remember you can share how you get on with it and get answers to any questions, over at your members-only forum: Gratitude For Everyday Objects.
I’ll be back tomorrow when we’ll be exploring one of my favourite techniques – how to let your ‘to do’ list change your life!
See you then.