I don’t know about you, but I have certainly had my moments of entrepreneurial self-doubt (and more!) on my business journey. The worst case was deleting the manuscript for Dare To Dream Bigger, the night before it was due to go to the printer, because I was scared. That was despite my R&D team telling me they loved it!
But it doesn’t have to be big stuff. Entrepreneurial self-doubt can show through things as simple as:
- Not following up with people you meet networking
- Not replying to an interview request, telling yourself you’re too busy
- Not getting back to someone who has emailed about your services
- Saying ‘no’ when your heart is begging for a ‘yes’
- Convincing yourself you’re too busy / stressed / overwhelmed to step up with a comfort zone stretching project
- Shiny Object Syndrome – allowing distractions and exciting new ideas to prevent you from implementing what is ‘almost done’
- Perfectionism – allowing the need for things to be perfect to prevent you from taking the actions that could create breakthroughs
I have had all of these t-shirts. And I have created ways to handle them – without sticky plasters or grit determination or ‘feel the fear and do it anyway’.
That’s why I wrote Dare To Dream Bigger.
And it’s why, when I met Chris Ducker at his Youpreneur Summit in November and gave him a copy of the book, he invited me to be on his podcast to talk about how to handle entrepreneurial self-doubt. It’s such a big – and little talked-about – issue. His Youpreneur podcast was recently voted one of the top five podcasts for entrepreneurs in the world (big congrats Chris!), so it shows you how important he feels it is to get entrepreneurial self-doubt out in the open – and dealt with!
I’m really excited that the interview went live today and you can listen to it here:
And when you’ve listened, I put together a special resources page to help you here:
I’d love to hear from you:
- How has self-doubt affected your entrepreneurial journey?
- Which aspects of this interview resonated with you?
- And what action are you going to take – in the next 24 hours – to handle this?
Here’s where we’re talking about it:
If you’re not a member of my 5Minute.biz VIP yet (no charge!), you’ll need to register free here, first: https://www.5minute.biz/5-minute-biz-vip-join-us-free/ to get an email with your login details, then you’ll be able to read the forum thread, above. The email takes about five minutes to arrive!
With love and gratitude,
Clare Josa, Mentor To Passionate World Changers
[page_section image=’http://www.clarejosa.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/clare-josa-red.jpg’ textstyle=’light’ position=’default’ padding_bottom=’on’ padding_top=’on’][one_third_first][/one_third_first][two_third_last]
P.S. The Passionate World Changer Club goes live on Wednesday 31st January at 11am!
It’s your last chance – and I really mean that – to claim your incredible Founder Member rates: www.5minute.biz/join/[/two_third_last][/page_section]